Friday, October 7, 2011

Wait, Wait, Wait

Yup,
Aine is being Aine. Those funny little red bumps that she had when we came in yesterday can't decide if they want to be raised bumps or if they want to flatten out then come back as raised bumps with friends. Bummer!
The ED sent out a sample of the site that looked to be fluid filled to find out if it is the virus or not. We won't find out until Monday what the result of that test is, so we shall sit and wait.
The red mark that was on her back has now turned to a pinkish color and her skin continues to go from modeled to not modeled. Really weird. It's also strange that when I hold her for a while or after I get her up from sleeping for a while her skin is almost tanned looking (purple lookign if we are in the dark).
ID wants to see what she looks like in the am after another couple doses of antiviral meds.

Liam had a sweat out today and is almost clear of his spots/rash. ID mentioned this could have been caused by the vaccine, but what caused Aine to get this funky stuff??
My sister reported that you can still see faint spots on his chest & that he has a mark on his face that looks like the poster from school :( She isn't sure if it's new or not, but I don't remember anything on his face when he left, so second round? Yuck!

I on the other hand thought that I was just itching because of all the talk of the pox, but found that I now have 2 red spots on my chest & abdomen :( I reported it to the nurse who in turn reported it to the resident on staff because my spots look like the spot that showed up on Aine's back.

I haven't talked to Shawn to see if he has any mysterious spots or rashes, so I guess that will be my next step to adding more pieces to the puzzle.

On a positive note, Liam had a good time looking at school buses today & Aine is up to 5.3 KG!!!! Only 0.7 kg left tog et to 13#! At that time we will discuss the next fork in the road.

Until I have more information, I hope your weekend is filled with many memories & smiles!

No comments: