Thursday, December 1, 2011

Schedules

Even though I can probably be considered a Procrastinator :) LOL
I still really like my kids to be on a schedule - they thrive so well when they are and are OH soo crabby when they are not. And as you can guess, crabby kids makes for a crabby mommy - & YES as the saying goes - an unhappy mommy makes for an unhappy household.
Liam enjoys pushing the bedtime buttons, so he hasn't been going to bed before 11pm on a nightly basis - then is crabby & won't come out of his room until 10-11am. Now this is ok if you have nothing going on in the morning, but we so happen to have an EARLY appointment so... Mr. Liam must wake up! He was "playing around" again last night and spilt all the water that was in his room, so he started to scream (achieving a goal of waking his sister), waking his dad & allowing me the pleasure of cleaning up another mess prior to shutting the house down for the night.
When I walked into his room he was happily sitting up & ready to "wake up" to which I informed him that he Must close his eyes & he Must fall asleep because I will wake him in the morning & if he is crabby he will loose TV for the week & to top it off I even informed him he would loose his Stinky & his pluggy for the entire week also. I've Never seen this little guys eyes snap shut soo quickly.
I needed to go into the room again to get some stuff for Aine & he was "sleeping" - which made me turn around and quickly walk out because I did everything i could to Not bust out into laughter.
Within 5 minutes after going into his room the second time he was Fast asleep - let's hope he's not crabby today & Aine passes her exams.

No comments: