Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 3

Still here, still waiting.
So, if your guessing that I'm climbing the walls ready to get our daughter out of here you would be correct.
I don't have a ton of news at this time, but what I can tell you is this:
The PICC line was pulled yesterday, a new line was placed and blood was drawn for a culture to make sure that the infection has not gone systemic (given some more time the PICC blood culture came up positive :( they are working on finding out what strain it came up positive with. The urine should be going through a sensitivity test (as long as there was enough growth to get the sensitivity). Immunology got their turn at requesting the vampires to come out & we are waiting to see how her T-cells are actually working.
The vampires are coming again & some more labs will be drawn.
I wish that I had more answers, but right now we are in a whirlwind of hurry up and wait.
She's sleeping peacefully right now (or was while I was typing this). I will continue to write blibs as we go.

No comments: