Monday, April 16, 2012

In our Room

WoW!
Is about all I can say. Things have been going good, but it has been eventful.
We spent quite a while in recovery because 6th floor is Packed! So, while we waited for a room, my mom and I got to discuss a bunch of stuff - mostly how we are going to alter Aine's summer clothes. Soo excited to start that project :)
After we got into our room it was like a mini reunion - it's suprising how nice it is to see all the nurses that have helped you along the way.

After we got settled in, I discovered that Aine's balloon (in her G-tube) had deflated. Now, this wouldn't be a bad thing if I was the one drawing the water out & putting it back in, but I popped it out :(

Soo.... after a while we were able to replace it with great success. I will admit, I am quite proud of myself - this can be deemed as my second successful G-tube placement!! Yeah ME!

We will be spending the night so they can make sure that she doesn't have any complications and then will be released tomorrow.

Shawn and Liam had a great day at the zoo by seeing the dolphin show, monkeys, and riding the train. He's a big boy now & "doesn't need a nap" so they came down early to see us & deliver an "anniversary dinner" to me. Pizza & cheesy bread :)

Here's hoping that the night is uneventful with an early release!

No comments: