Monday, March 19, 2012

More Teeth - Oh MY

Well,
It is official! Aine is getting 2 more teeth in that little mouth of hers.
Since she doesn't eat anything by mouth & doesn't suck/chew on a plug they are taking a little longer than I would have expected to come in, but they are making their way through slowly. She has the two lower ones completely through & will "soon" have 4 on the bottom! I'm wondering when the top are going to start coming ??

She has been off oxygen overnight for the last 2 nights & we are currently working on night 3. I don't want to throw a wrench into anything, but she has only de-stated once & I don't believe that it was accurate - so I'm not thinking I'm going to count it.

Shawn & Liam spent most of the weekend outside & then today we decided to venture out as a family and take a walk around the neighborhood. It was kinda scary, and I will admit, I had Aine completely covered. She has to wear hats because with the meds she is on, she can easily burn, but I look back & it was probably over kill.... but hey - we got her out & she was HUGE EYED the whole time we walked. Then... she slept most of the day away & is sleeping again.

Liam & I spent the rest of the sunshine outside playing baseball & bubbles. It was soo fun to watch him chase the bubbles around the yard yelling "COME BACK" "COME BACK" It is a day I will cherish for the rest of my life.

Since I'm a goof & mis-placed my cord once again, you will have to wait to watch, but Liam is now officially riding his trike on his own! He even peddled it up 2/3rds of our driveway! If you've seen it, you know it's steep.

Aine is proving to be as stubborn as her.... (hmmm.... I'd say her dad, but I think you'd all laugh) - so... mom.
I showed her what it would be like to crawl to her dad (she was doing the arm motions, I was just propelling her forward) & now she is determined that she is going to do it on her own. It is really cute to watch her try to dig her cubby little fingers into the rug I brought up and try to get her brother. Her biggest problem is that she gets tired - so in her frustration does the toddler thing & bangs her head into the floor then starts to cry :(

Even though we didn't make it anywhere this year for St. Patrick's Day we were all shining our colors in one way or another & enjoying it for all that it was worth.

We're happy & blessed that we got to spend a holiday at home together. We know there will be more & look forward to each and everyone of them.

So... That being said - HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!


Blessing to all &
Special Blessings to:
Dr. Bryant, Dr. Lohr, Ms. Susan & the rest of Aine's medical team for making this possible.

No comments: