Monday, January 9, 2012

Life on Oxygen

Life has been.... shall we say... a little hectic???
It's been a hard adjustment having Aine on oxygen, because along with the oxygen is the "lovely" pulse ox machine. This thing will beep (VERY Loudly) if she moves too much, if she is having a good time and gets her heart rate a little high, if she is working on her screaming or laughing, and the list goes on. Now... don't get wrong... I will "deal" with the machine since it means I get to have her at home with me, but I have made the Absolute realization that I Am Not a Happy Waker Upper at Night when it is by an earpiercing beep. Shawn and I have not really learned to take turns with the machine becuase it wakes up the whole house; and because of this we have questioned how other families do it. Ours is temporary - theirs may be permanent - we're not jealous of them.

Both kids got shots last week, so they slept and slept and slept. You'd think that this would be an awesome time to get things done (maybe catch up on sleep???). You sure do think silly things because remember my little rant earlier? Beep Beep Beep goes Aine :) LOL But on a good note, Liam is completely up to date (until he is 3 that is) and Aine is up to date (until she is 1) and it only took 9 months to accomplish this :)

Liam still loves his Thomas and will Not be happy until he has Every train, every track, and every building that they make. Silly boy can tell you want he should get next & when we should go to get it.
Aine is getting into toys & loves to work on sitting up. She is growing up soo fast. Two full teeth on the bottom & showing signs of working more through. We're hoping to have an easy ween off oxygen so we can get her cleared to have her tubes placed. Shawn & I think she has grown, but I forgot to have her nurse measure her today, Oops.

Shawn's back is continuing to get better, but he still doesn't have clearance to go into the pool with Liam, which is killing Liam because the instructor thinks next week will be the last week we are needed in the pool with him! Scary how much of a fish he is :)

We have a few appointments coming up for Aine, one with her cardiologist and one to check how her immune system is doing. We are hoping that both go well and we will get cleared for some further adventures.

I have decided to try my hand at a fund raiser and have gotten the final approval from the company, so as soon as I get the information I can give you more information. What I will be collecting is ink cartridges, Toners, working cell phones, laptops, etc. They recycle what is sent in and will send the money earned to the charity that I have chosen.

No comments: